Search This Blog

Monday, April 22, 2013

Back from the crack



Hello reader (s),

Well it’s been a while and that’s not for lack of trying.  I definitely hit hard cracking our bus’ head. It’s still sitting there.  I decided it needs to stay that way for a while. 

I am still relatively new to the all-out automotive lifestyle, but one thing I am slowing learning through countless acts of dumbassery is that sometimes you have to focus on the task at hand. 

While the bus pissing oil everywhere and banging exhaust past its manifolds was annoying, there is a more pressing project that needs finished. It’s my dad’s Porsche 914. 

We didn’t do the majority of the metal work on this car. Recently we have been knocking out some smaller welding jobs.  

Also despite my previous incident we are also building the engine to his dream specs. Basically it will be set up with euro spec pistons and slightly more aggressive Web Cam that should all work with the fuel injection. Should is the key word of course. 

Anyway here are some photos from my most recent mechanical meaderings...

 photo DSCN0160_zps714180b9.jpg There's the two unfinished rides.  photo DSCN0157_zps9d0f34b8.jpg This area used to have holes for air conditioning lines. Believe it or not the 914 had AC added as a dealer option when it was new. What a waste, even for a Texas car.  photo DSCN0048_zps26b96529.jpg A head of the Type 4 off the 914.  photo DSCN0151_zpsea521c86.jpg I've been toying with the Quasar some too. I'm seriously thinking of taking the wheel back to aluminum. The yellow was cool for a bit, but its also a bit high maintenance. Also my dog's been doing some thinking...  photo DSCN0081_zps261f43aa.jpg Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment